A customer asked me how much it cost to do this job....
I answered him: $ 3000.00
He said: Seems expensive for this job?
I asked: How much do you think it would cost you?
He answers me: $ 1500 maximum... That's a pretty simple job right?
- For $1500 I invite you to do it yourself.
- But.... I don't know how to.
- For $1500 I'll teach you how to. So you'll get the knowledge for the next time you want to install a system
- It seemed alright to him and he agreed.
- But to get started: you need tools: A multi meter, wire feeder, chop saw, drills, RF Meters, gloves etc...
- But I don't have all these equipment and I can't buy all of these for one job.
- Well then for another $400 more I'll rent my stuff to you so you can do it.
- Okay, he says.
- Okay! Tuesday I will start your training.
- But I can't on Tuesday I only have time today.
- I'm sorry, but I'm only available Tuesday to teach you and lend you my stuff. Our ther days are busy with other customers.
- Okay! That means I'm going to have to sacrifice my job and not go on Tuesday,
- I forgot. To do your job yourself, you also have to pay for the nonproductive factors.
- What is that?"
- Bureaucratic, tax, vat, security, insurance, workmans comp insurance,maintainence, fuel etc.
- Oh no!... But to accomplish this, I'm going to spend more money and waste a lot of time!
- Truck loading is done Tuesday morning you'll have to come by at 6am to load truck.
- At 6??? Nope! Too early for me! I am used to getting up later.
- You know, I've been thinking. will you still do the Job for me? I'd rather pay you the $3000. If I was going to do the job it wouldn't be perfect and it would cost me a lot more.